If you’ve always loved making — and tasting — s’mores, this is your special time. Something about that magical combination of ooey-gooey, slightly charred marshmallow, crispy sweet crackers and delectably melty chocolate takes you back to fond memories of campfires from your childhood. You may look forward to recreating these memories every year with your own family. The good news? Now you can elevate this classic with a variety of choices that taste even better than they look.
Just in time for National S’mores Month this August, try a few of these ideas to take your s’mores game to the next level:
Upgrade your chocolate
Swapping out which kind of chocolate bar you use can transform your s’mores into a whole new taste experience. For example, premium chocolate bars from Chocolove offer a wide variety of classic, quality flavors for the ultimate, best-tasting s’mores.
Check out these 5 selections to find your new favorites:
1. Chocolove Milk Chocolate Bar: This creamy Belgian milk chocolate is crafted from a blend of Javanese and African cocoa beans with 33% cocoa to deliver sweetness, creaminess and caramel-like flavors that blend into a light cocoa finish.
2. Chocolove Toffee & Almonds in Milk Chocolate Bar combines smooth Belgian milk chocolate with 33% cocoa, chunks of almond toffee, buttery sweet toffee and dry roasted almonds.
3. Chocolove Dark Chocolate Bar is made from exceptionally smooth semisweet Belgian chocolate with 55% cocoa, with sweetness that gives way to toasty cocoa flavor with hints of malt and a light cocoa flavor finish. If you prefer a more intense dark chocolate flavor, Chocolove also offers bars with 65%, 70% and 88% cocoa content.
4. Chocolove Salted Caramel in Dark Chocolate: This salted caramel in premium Belgian dark chocolate with 55% cocoa serves up a new twist on a classic French treat.
5. Chocolove Mini Bars are the perfect size to create s’mores for two. Each mini bar has eight delicious squares of Chocolove, which fit two s’mores perfectly.
Looking for the complete s’mores package?
S’mores making is even easier and much more fun with a Chocolove Premium S’mores Kit. You won’t need anything else to create your masterpieces, as each kit includes 1 Salted Caramel in Dark Chocolate bar; 1 Milk Chocolate bar; 24 Speculoos cookies and 12 marshmallow pieces. The spiced gingerbread Speculoos cookies add the perfect combination of crunch and flavor to complement the premium chocolate, and the marshmallow pieces are cut perfectly to fit on your elevated s’mores.
Think outside the graham cracker
Want to explore other variations on the classic s’mores recipe? For an added twist, you can land your melted marshmallow and chocolate on top of your favorite salty buttery cracker, ginger snaps, vanilla wafers or any other cracker or cookie that you like. Adding more options to your “s’mores board” will up the fun, and you might just find a new favorite flavor combo.
Bring on the campfire alternatives
If you don’t have access to a campfire or fire pit, your oven’s broiler or even an air fryer can deliver the perfectly crispy marshmallow and gooey chocolate you need to make your s’mores happen, no matter the weather.
Pro tip: Chocolove Founder and CEO Timothy Moley and his family like to use their toaster oven — which is especially handy for rainy days — to create perfect, evenly heated s’mores.
Chocolove is made with traceable cocoa beans and is Rainforest Alliance Certified, meaning the chocolate is sourced using methods that support social, economic and environmental sustainability, and is also Non GMO Project Verified.
You can find Chocolove products at major retailers nationwide, including Whole Foods Market, Safeway, Kroger, Walmart and Sprouts — and at Chocolove.com.